Mike Philbin - Introversions Paintings - five new 60x60cm paintings


these five latest 60 cm x 60 cm stretched canvas abstracts have been in the making since the VERY FIRST PAINTING in this series, back in January of 2016.

Why do I say that?

Well, art (or writing) or any body of creative construction, is about narrative evolution and the tacit generation of syntax and grammar and some kind of reliable ruleset that relates to how the paint and canvas might interact.

I must have painted (in my head) about seven versions of these new paintings, and in the end I just had to get rid of all that mind-game crap and confidently apply the colour to the canvas using all the previous experience my left hand and my right hand have had with this art. There are (still) three white borders per picture. There are still two sides i.e. two colours, per picture. But the way the paint (breaches the Corpus Callosum divide, in brain terms) weaves and smears and enhances and occludes has finally come to some sort of happy (artist's soul reflective) medium.


FOR SALE: $900.00 each

FOR SALE: $900.00 each

FOR SALE: $900.00 each

FOR SALE: $900.00 each

FOR SALE: $900.00 each

Comments